Saturday, January 7, 2012

Being a "fat girl"...

I am beautiful. I am smart, brave, fascinating, and lovely. I have been wonderfully blessed, and oh yeah, I'm fat. I am not just a little pudgy, I am a "plus-sized" woman.

Take a look at this...

http://plus-model-mag.com/2012/01/plus-size-bodies-what-is-wrong-with-them-anyway/

Did you know that Marilyn Monroe fluctuated between a ten and a fourteen? She was "the" bombshell, and she could have never been that if she had been a size two (which is considered fat in modern day models). She wouldn't have had breasts to entice anyone in Some Like it Hot, and she certainly wouldn't have sang Happy Birthday to Jack Kennedy any better in that see through sequined number if she were just a "hanger" that is so sought after today.

Listen, if you're thin, Great! And if you're not, Great! It is time that we as women embrace who we are and stop trying to change ourselves into something that isn't realistic for us as individuals. Be happy with what you are, you're a one of a kind, a gem unto yourself, and treasure to those around you... just for being you.

This is me, unabashed, beautiful and honestly proud of who I am...


Being authentic, is worth it's weight in gold. Knowing that you're worth it... is beyond riches.

1 comment:

  1. Photo Credit goes to Randy Poe @ http://www.facebook.com/randy.poe?sk=photos

    ReplyDelete